Here are some guidelines to help to keep you safe when you are on the Internet.
1. When online never give out your personal information such as your surname, address, phone number or other family information.
2. Do not "friend" people you don't know.
3. Never send photos of yourself to strangers online.
4. Never agree to meet someone you have met online.
5. Don't send bullying, abusive language to anyone else online and do not respond to such messages.
6. Never share your password with anyone only your parents.
7. Make sure you can use the print screen function on your computer so that you can take a copy of any inappropriate message or image you receive.